Wednesday 20 June 2012

Co Louth Ireland to Australia

My McCormack's of Co.Louth are well documented back to around c.1830. Not all of the research has been my own as we all receive a helping hand and a surprise bonus along the way.

One such bonus arrived yesterday. A lady in Australia sent me a photograph of her grandmother Annie Julia Lynch who was born in Queensland, Australia.

Annie was the daughter of Philip Lynch & Rose McCormack who were married at St Peter's R.C. Church, Drogheda, Co Louth. Annie was probably named after Annie Mathews (my Gx2 Grandmother) who was married to my Gx2 Grandfather Thomas McCormack.

Rose McCormack was a younger sister to my Gx1 Grandfather Bernard McCormack (1849) and this in turn would make Annie Julia a first cousin to my grandfather Patrick McCormack.

I think you'll agree it's a great photograph of Annie Julia and I thank my 3rd cousin Sandy in Australia.

Email me! click here

No comments:

Post a Comment