Sunday 3 June 2012

Mother Jones



"The Cork Mother Jones Commemorative Committee" have asked me if I would publicise the "Mother Jones Festival" which I am more than happy to do so. I have looked into the ancestry of the family myself which you'll find on an earlier post in this blog.



There is a lot more information to be had and indeed the committee are looking for donations towards the plaque which will be erected in the city. A local artist has been commissioned (Mirk Wilkins) and this will be unveiled on the 175th anniversary of her baptism - 1st August 2012. For those in Ireland wishing to make a donation the committee have set up an account at Ulster Bank, Blackpool, Cork City- account number 10832608 sort code 98-54-81. For those overseas wishing to donate click on the "email me" link below and I'll pass on contact details.

Good luck to the committee. (happy to help)
Email me! click here

No comments:

Post a Comment